Name: Hermann Fuchs
Resident: 4614 Marchtrenk, Austria
1976-1981 theoretical and practical research into the medium of black-and-white photography. The theoretical basis was formed by a large number of books on the subjects of photography, photography, positive/laboratory technology. Practical implementation was carried out with a Canon F1, metres of Ilford film material and our own laboratory.
2005 „re-entry“ and until today theoretical and practical research of the medium digital photography and digital processing with Adobe Photoshop.
Work focus – interest in and fascination with the medium of photography
The digital age opens up great innovative possibilities. Digital Imaging uses this potential. Many critics dismiss digital imaging as „gimmickry“, „arbitrariness“.
Nothing is more serious!
Digital Imaging explores new possibilities of pictorial representation, stands for aesthetic change of the original models, stands for abstraction of the representational, and stands for change in the art scene.
What do I want? To provoke an intellectual examination of the works. To this end, the work must lead through emotion to association and further to critical reflection. This succeeds through alienation or abstraction – through „peeling out“ the constituent elements of an object or their reinterpretation. In the digital world I can use a variety of colours and forms that does not exist in the analogue world. This enables an aesthetic force that draws the viewer into a dialogue.
1. Abstractions – to see in the categories
parts of architecture, technique, nature
2. Structures of objects – to see in the categories
3. Appropriation Art – to see in the categories
3. Loneliness – to see in the categories
idyll – loneliness
4. Violence, pain, fear – to see in the categories
An object arouses interest through its composition, its structure and is captured with the camera. These photographs are the primary material. The development of a work of art (usually consisting of several layers) takes place later, as a detached step on the computer in a creative dialogue between image material, technology and fantasy. The image design is based on painting concepts.
Exhibitions and events
- 2010-12: Cinematograph Linz Austria „speechlessness“
- 2011-03: Bildungshaus Jägermayrhof Linz Austria „structures and exclusion“
- 2011-09: Bildungshaus Jägermayrhof Linz Austria, group exhibition „social fairness“
- 2011-12: 1blick – galerie im vorhaus Hallein Austria „human images“
- 2013-02: Wissensturm Linz Austria, group exhibition „TOPOS or the change of the landscape“
- 2013-03: ABC Ansfelden Austria „Dark Materia“
- 2013-12: NIU Linz Austria „abstractions“
- 2014-07: Bezirksmuseum Herzogsburg – Braunau Austria „abstractions“
- 2014-09: kultus kellergasse – Braunau Austria „TOPOS – the designed space“
- 2015-05: Club-Galerie im uhof – Linz Austria „abstract realism“
- 2017-03: Rotunde der Salzburg AG – Salzburg. Together with brother Helmut Fuchs „Brothers In Arms“
- 2017-11: Shanghai Art Fair, China/Shanghai (Link: Pictures)
- 2017-12: Dounan Art Museum, China/Kunming (Link: Pictures)
- 2018-05: pashmin gallery Hamburg Germany, group exhibition „Reality – Illusion – Grotesque“ (Link: Pictures)
- 2019-02: Marc Rothko Art Centre, Daugavpils Latvia, group exhibition Thema „BEAUTY IS TRUTH, TRUTH BEAUTY“
- 2019-03: Galerie M, Kirchstätten Austria Thema „nature meets architecture“
- 2019-04: Galerie Zebra, Wien Austria: Thema „nature meets architecture“
- 2021-03: Gallery ARTIFACT, New York City, USA the title is not fixed yet